Remoting 2 Documentation
Current versions of Remoting 2:
|2.5.4.SP5:||Versions 2.5.x are targeted to JBoss Application Server 5.x/6.x and EAP 5.x|
|2.2.4:||Versions 2.2.x are targeted to JBoss Application Server 4.2 and EAP 4.2/4.3|
Covers architecture, components, configuration, customization, and sample code.
Note that the versions available here might be more up to date than the versions available in the distributions.
Remoting User Guide
Discusses those aspects of Remoting relevent to users of the Application Server. Also covers relevent configuration parameters.
|Remoting Guide||2.5.4.SP5||HTML, HTML-single, PDF|
|Remoting Guide||2.2.4||HTML, HTML-single, PDF|
|Remoting Users Guide||2.5.4.SP5|
- JBossRemoting Architecture Overview (pdf) - short set of slides covering components of remoting and how they fit together and some simple sample code. Meant to be a quick read to get initial, high-level view of JBoss Remoting.
- JBossRemoting javadoc
- JBossRemoting Wiki - contains various bits of information, to include special customizations plug-in points, configuration, etc. Will likely find information here that did not make it into the user guide.
- JBoss Remoting example code - code examples for how to use the different JBoss Remoting features.
- JBossRemoting Code Demo
- Performance benchmark report - performance comparison of JBoss Remoting, raw Java transports, and Spring Remoting.
- Introducing JBoss Remoting
- Using Virtual Sockets to Fix Software Broken by Firewalls
- JBoss Remoting + JBoss Serialization kills JavaRMI and Spring Remoting
- The user forum is for the user questions.
- The development forum is for the discussion of design and changes to the implementation.